Sometimes it’s the smallest act that can make the biggest impact. At Maya Deluxe we believe that being kind to yourself and others is so important.
Your wedding day is one of the most special days of your life, but it's not just about you and your partner. It's also about the people who have come to celebrate with you, so it's only right to make them feel appreciated and valued.
So, if you’re getting married soon, we’ve put together 6 thoughtful ways you can be kind to your wedding guests on your big day!
1. Create a warm and welcoming environment - First impressions count, so it’s important to create a warm and welcoming environment for your guests. Consider a welcome bag to go with your welcome drinks. You can put things like sweets, mints, snacks, a wedding program, and more.
2. Make sure your guests are comfortable - Weddings can be long events, so it’s important to make sure your guests are comfortable throughout the day. This can include having a basket of flip flops beside the dance floor for tired party feet, paper fans to keep cool and for outdoor weddings blankets to stay warm in the evening.
3. Consider dietary Requirements - Food is one of the most important aspects of any wedding, so it's essential to consider the dietary requirements of your guests. This could include providing vegetarian or vegan options, as well as catering for any allergies or intolerances. You could also consider providing a children's menu if you know there will be kids at the wedding. When planning the menu, don't forget to include a variety of options to suit different tastes.
4. Provide refreshments throughout the day - It’s essential to keep your guests fed and watered throughout the celebrations. Consider providing late-night snacks for your guests so that they can snack whilst dancing the night away.
5. Give a personal touch - Create personalised name settings and wedding favours to ensure your guests feel like they have been a part of your special day. Another idea is to ask guests for a song to add to the playlist before the wedding so you can guarantee a night of floor fillers!
6. Say thank you - Finally, don't forget to say thank you to your guests. This could be in the form of a speech during the reception, or it could be a simple thank you note sent out after the wedding. It's important to let your guests know how much you appreciate them being there and how much their support means to you.
In conclusion, your wedding day is a celebration of your love and commitment, but it's also an opportunity to show kindness and gratitude to your guests. After all, your wedding day is a day you'll remember for the rest of your life, but taking time to think about others will make your special day just as memorable for others.
Maya Deluxe x